Friday, March 06, 2009

Don't Play With Your CV & Experience

Yeah the topic is right. When you apply for a job, please don't play around with your cv by writing things that are not relevant with your knowledge. Not only that, when your already working and have 2 years experience, please make sure your cv can stand up. I have a friend's cv who is major embarrassing when I 1st saw it. It does not even show that he has 2 years working experience. The best part is when I did a QnA session with him on some of the technical stuff (as I am not from network background) he cannot even answer me. Can I recommend that if you are not sure on what you are writing on your cv, don't even put it down as you will shoot yourself on the head when you head in for an interview and you kantoi your own cv.

What I am trying to say is this, when you work at a place, work really hard, learn as much as you can and be the best that you can be in where ever you are. I know people who are even at 30 + can tell me they don't know what they are doing. Even my friend in office who does network knows nothing as he plays game, read comic, play fantasy football and watch you tube most of the time. When you ask him stuff, he will always ACT to know but when you ask him to show you the results, he cannot show you anything at all. So if your like 30 years old and you don't know anything, I have to say your time will be really limited if you dont take the chance to learn. People will for sure overtake you and if there are younger one's who have the heart to learn, the old 1's can wave good bye at their job.

So my final words are this. If you cannot do programming, don't do. Look to do something that you really like. In my case, I cannot do programming, so I became an Security Administrator (SA) which writes policy, do technical stuff and a lot more. One thing I can say, when you like to do that task, do your really best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home