Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Dell Server Tak Boleh

In my working life and doing IT and server and etc, I have to admit one thing. Don't ever buy D ELL Servers. They are one of the worst in the market but again I admit they are a lot cheaper if compared to IBM and etc. I have around 1 half years experience with IBM servers and they don't give much of a problem. They really tahan lasak. The previous company that I work for believe that IBM is the best and they only want to implement IBM servers which is really cool to look at especially when it is all mounted in the racks and it is only written IBM :P

Back to my story, 27 April was not so good day for the servers in my work place. I configured 3 servers and out of 3 servers 1 went DOWN THE DRAIN. All I did was change the server name AND THAT'S IT!. I restarted the server and tried to troubleshoot and I knew the server went NUTS already. So I had to log a call to DELL straight away for support as I thought it might be hardware issue. But in the end till 1230am, we found out it is SQL problem.

I went back to office on the 1st of March to fix the server. I had to reinstall everything once again and it was back to normal. One thing for sure, even though the server is pack up with ram and CPU, its still so slow like turtle. If you guys remember the story of the hare and the turtle, my server specs is like the hare BUT the speed of the turtle :P hahahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home