Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Students Must Read This

I have to write this post because of a friend of mine. I would like to actually tell a story. You know when your out of Secondary School and you really wonder what you would like to do in your future. This part in your life is extremely confusing. This I admit. When I was out of secondary school I didn't know where I should head. So I got my uncle to who was an engineer to give me his 2 cents worth. It was either IT engineering or Electronics engineering. In the end I took IT engineering for my diploma.

What I am trying to say is this. When you head into college / uni, your thinking will actually change. You will really need to focus on learning all skill that you have. I can only touch about IT as I am an IT guy now. But I believe it applies to all types of situations in working path. In college I was open to all as I was not expert in anything (till today not expert). But I had to admit when I was in college / uni I didn't like programming at all. So I roughly knew my life would be out of programming.

I went in degree to get a better cert for the better future in life. Now this part you guys got to really pay attention. When you are in your degree, do your best and get the best results you can get as good results will MATTER a lot on your 1st pay. You will get extra 200+ if you have good results. Good results are over 3 cpga or even 3++. But I have to admit if you have good results and also have the little bit of experience you might be able to pocket in more.

When you leave uni, and your age is still young (lets say your out around 22 or 23?), you can still have the time to experiment with your future. What I mean is like if you do IT, you can try 1 year on programming /1 year on hardware / 1 year on sales / 1 year on vendor (all are just as examples but can be used). But you will really need to know what to do as your whole life is not about experimenting on other things. Once you reach the age of 27, time will be ticking against you and it is time to know what you truly want to focus on. It would be better if at a younger age you will know what you want to do and what you really would like to be good at. It will be good to know a little bit of others but there is a need for a STRENGTH in your job that you can demand better wages once you are more experience.

I know that some people thought after doing something for 2 half years they would jump to another field. That is a choice that you will have to make. To me it will be a waste as you might be expert in something and jumping into something that you haven't done for a long time wont be a good choice. It will be a major risk but if your good in it before it wont take that long to learn up once again. But allow me to say this too. During this hard times, people will want to find the experience people and not to try their luck on those who don't really know their work. In the end it is actually up to an individual on what you truly want to do with your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home