Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Really Tough Day

19 February 2008 is ONE OF THE WORST and MOST Mind taxing for me. I have to admit, It was madness. In the morning we started off with power trip and the generator didn't even kick in. When my friend came and tell me, I thought he was joking as the other side (development side) still had power. So I rush back to find out office was total darkness. Rush in to check the M&E and found there is still TNB power but the UPS were making alot of noise with both UPS having the same warning. But next thing I know power is back up!

After lunch at 230pm, our main system was down! Cut whole story short, it was really tiring to find all ways to get the system up. I had to work really hard with Mr Ng on different sets of ways to find out the issue. In the end at around nearly 630pm everything was back to normal. It was really challenging as even the MD came in and check on what was happening and on that day I really had to put all my knowledge to use. One thing I didn't like was the SOO on the 2nd shift is really hopeless.When people ask him question, he will say yes, then next time u ask again, he will say no. Anyway he was no help in the end.

Since I wasted quite a lot of time on main system, I had to do my OT. At nigth the power went out once again but less than 30 seconds everything came back to normal! I am not really wondering if my company did pay the TNB Bill :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home