Saturday, May 09, 2009

Great Responsibility

My boss has made me so called DC representative for the new project that is coming up in May. This is actually plans for installation by the programmers and me so that things can fall into place nicely. This will be a great chance for me to add on to experience and knowledge as I handle different sets of programmers who are working on different type of programs (but all project programs are the same).

But now it seems I have a lot to handle. It seems that my presence in DC is even greater now which I don't really like. Means nearly 70% of the things that needs to be done will go thru me before I say Yes or No. But most of the time when I say NO, they will call their boss to talk to my boss which later will potong stim and my boss say Yes.

Please don't get me wrong, I love my work. I know I have said many times and my friends told me many times which is taken from Smallville : -

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

Great responsibility is now on my shoulders and I have to admit, its too much to handle. At times I feel like going back to office to work on Saturday or Sundays to clear my work to be able to perform the rest of the task that I need to complete in a short time too. I don't want to be a workaholic but I want at the same time to learn new stuff which I need to (Panda IPS and Antivirus Manager) which I still don't have the time to play with it. I actually have every right to do OT everyday but its just madness. Life is not all about work but its about play too. But I guess we need to at times sacrifice to become even the better person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home