Saturday, March 10, 2007

Work Work

I have to say the company I am working with is quite happening. I mean I enjoy the friendship there with the people who are in my team. We are there to backup each other when we are busy and when we talk we have like the same frequency. I think I will name those people who I really appreciate working with. At times when I am really busy they will really help me out with what ever they can. Thanks guys for really helping me out when I was in total need.

  1. Jason Hew (as400 administrator)
  2. Allen Teo (Network)
  3. Kieng Weng (as400 administrator)
  4. Su Li (My direct boss, Security + System Administrator)
  5. Mr Ng (No longer there)
  6. Jess Lee (Network)
  7. Adrian (BISS)
  8. Kok Chung (BISS)
  9. Mui Cheng (BISS)
  10. Dolly (BISS)

From Tuesday till Friday, the system was total nuts. As you can see the post before tells the whole story. On Friday I had to support the whole nation in changing the printer name. There is a stupid department in my HQ which loves calling me even when they know how to use the system. They know they do and don’ts but they still make the mistake and when I lead them from phone they say “cannot la can pls come”. When I was down to help them up with the problem it was actually no problem at all. It was the user who was stupid.

I will give you all an example. To open Microsoft word all you got to click the icon on the desktop (if there is a short cut) but that also they can’t do. When the 3rd that same person called me (luckily I was on the phone with another branch), my friend told me to return her call and I hit back “what is her problem? I don’t want to do, you go follow up with her. How many times she want me to go there and help her? Why she so idiot wan” then my friends who were there were like ok ok, don’t so angry la. My friend who went to do the support came back scolding her also saying “she use the system so long already and still don’t know how to use meh?”

That aside, I really enjoyed my time working by talking on the telephone with the rest of the branches. It was quite cool. I mean we talk about so many different things (while troubleshooting) and I guess some of them were quite amused by me. Some asked me why was my English so good, some asked me to be their son, some say I was a bad boy and some wanted to kill me because the IT department makes their life hard. Those of you who know me know what I really am when I am talking. I can be crazy, cheeky to the max, nottie boy and I can make u go nutty :P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll raise two of my hands to agree on your statement on the last part...NUTTY..tat won't descibe the whole situation..haha...

BTW, can I knw which girl u're refering to? and from which department is she from? mayb she juz wanna see u, so she pretend to be stupid..haha..

hey, ur friend quite nice hor...willing to do stuff u're not willing to...how I hope the branch I'm working at has similar staff...juz wish that I know will never comes true :)

Ur colleague from the EAST

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

CMG dept ler

the color of the skin is diff from us la :P

yeah we have to help each other ler....we cannot like let 1 person do and the other person die kind of thing...we need to cover each other up

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home