Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Getting Married Preparations

NO I AM NOT GETTING MARRIED!


While I see all my friends getting married, I am really happy for them. But the thing that is more spookier (not sure got such spelling) thing is the finance that is needed for the day. Like Wan Lee mention this phrase the other day in my car "spend so much and the day just goes like that". I total agree. Wedding preparation is not cheap. The other day when my Malay friend ask me how much do you need to have to get married for Chinese? I roughly gave him the draw down figure which is nearly 70 / 80k. This figure depends a lot on how many tables you will have at night for makan.

Actually there are a lot of things to count in for when you get married. It is from clothes, rings, (engagement ring & wedding ring) rental of place, food after ceremony, car of the day, flowers, decorations, make up for the bride, photographer, video grapher and etc etc. This is only for the morning only (following christian wedding). At night you will still have the cost of per table, hotel for the wedd couple, clothes (guys easier can recycle, girls cant) and other cost that I might have forgotten to add in. Not only that, when you get married, you will need to get a house too which is $ again. If the couple decideds to get a apartment / house, you will need even more $. Even if you buy 2nd hand you might need to do some renovation, fix up the aircond's, fans, lights, furnish the house and etc etc. I have to honestly say here too that wedding depends on girls a lot. It draws down to what they (girls) want. But if you know you (guys) cannot have a lavish wedding don't do it. I am not saying don't get married to the girl but rather you watch the scale. I have seen in my life that people borrow money from banks just to get married and till today they are still paying the banks back the loan.

My advice to those who are getting married and you are currently normal wage earners, save up a lot or as much as you can when you are still single. Don't go and try to spend and buy unnecessary things that will lessen your savings for YOUR day. When it comes to buying a house, the best is to throw in as much down payment as possible even though your account might be back to 0, it is better than paying off the loans that you will need to repay back. I have to say money does matter. It matters most when you are getting married and you will need to get a new car, house and etc. So save up people, you will truly need it.

Unless you are getting married to a rich man daughter / son and their parents are going to help you up then your quite lucky or else life wont be so easy for normal wage earners. So before you get married, please please know what you truly want and if you can truly afford the cost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home