Monday, June 08, 2009

So Many People

On 23rd Of May, I was doing ushering and there were 45 people(If I am not wrong about the figure) going to get baptize in church. Most of them were youths! I was like wow! All the youths were really fired up and it is really nice to see that kind of scene when people are so excited. I thought ushering will be piece of cake as all those who are getting baptize sat together and sat at my side the front row.

But once the worship started, the youths all went infront! I was like ALAMAK! At that time I honestly had no idea how many seats are empty and etc. I only could guess by checking if the seats had items on it or not. At around 510 many people started to sit where the musicians sat. I had no choice then had to talk on air (walkie actually) to my leaders that we were running out of chairs. Can you imagine those people who dont have seats were standing with me? I still tried my best to find seats for people even though so many people were standing with me.

In the end upstairs open and those who were hanging around my place cleared and went upstairs. Then in the end all the youths sat back at their place and it was full actually. But there were couple of loose seats around. The thing about baptism is it will always remind me that I was there before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home