Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What On Earth

Friday (30th Jan) was one of the worst days man. I had to work till 1230am because some SFTP program didnt work. My friend kept on saying that it is due to some web client service that was down that cause the problem. But when I read the explanation of the webclient I felt that it has nothing got to do with their application problem. Anyway I kept on trying to get the service up with all my knowledge I have but yet I could not. I had Mr Ng supporting me that day too. But in the end when I tried on my pc, it work fine. So it means that the webclient service HAD NOTHING to do with SFTP.

On Saturday my friend really set me up. My boss sms me to check on hardware status and I told him everything was working fine. Then here come my friend (Mr N) sending a sms to my boss WITH MY NAME saying that I WILL FORMAT THE SERVER and he is WAITING FOR ME TO REVERT BACK! I was honestly not happy when I saw the sms and the next thing I knew, my boss called me and m16 me all the way as its like my FAULT! I was honestly v v piss as it was NOT MY PROBLEM AT ALL. My boss then ask me to call Mr C who he puts he is the communication and system fella. This fella even more classic. At the age of 30+ he comes in to office at 930-1030am everyday and his work is to read comic, play fantasy football, complicate his own work till he don't know what he is doing, complicate his work then goes for holiday and ask us to fix his crap. I wanted to sms my boss to tell him that Mr C Know NOTHING.

Anyway I was so piss that I had to call Mr Ng and we agreed to meet at 9pm to fix the issue. I was late a little and when I was there, setup and testing was done and all was fine. But there was a catch for that. When we installed the application and change the config of the application, the DCO didn't tell us anything or question our work. We both as SA (System Admin & Security Admin) won't know how they do their EOD and etc.

Next thing I know on Sunday, I got a sms from different people and the sms is really nasty! I was really piss off too. So I called and question the DCO who was there with us last night and ask him if he knows the file was to put there automatically. As usualy he tells me he don't know. So I switch the question and ask him what he does and he told me the system will put the file at D drive and they will FTP the file to somewhere. I was like what the world! IF he could have told us that the day before NONE OF THIS WILL HAPPEN. It seems like Mr N has made a mistake hiring this type of hopeless people. He is even worried that when 2 of his DCO monkey works together,everything will be upside down. He is so right. Most of the time they will make mistakes even though they have been on the job for nearly 8 months! One thing for sure, I wont poke my nose into others problems anymore. If it is really security Issue, I will look into it. But if it is not my issue, I won't care anymore.

The more I help the more I kena which I don't understand why. But I still manage to pickup 2 pointers in my life that day but I had to learn it the hard way. Sad to work in this type of crap company but no choice, since econs is not good, need to stay back and work even though it is crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home