Sunday, February 01, 2009

Diploma Story Part 2 (Taman Impian)

After being accepted into JMTI, I was quite happy. Since the hostel was not ready and it will only be ready the next semester, we had to stay outside. So the nearest place that we stayed was in Taman Impian. I rented the house with my school mates. Those who stayed with me is Henry, CK, HT, Lee (that left after 3 months), and ST. We manage to really live in harmony and since it was my 1st time away, I had my door close most of the time. But I was still their friends. It was really nice to have them as house mates. We really had good times going out far to eat dinner (Bkt Tambun, Juru and other places)

Everyday we will go to school together, come back and sleep and then head out for dinner. That is our major activity everyday during our school life. We will eat in this shop nearly everyday (fried rice shop) and that is our main meal for the day. We will take at least 20minutes to walk to the shop and after eating, we will take another 20minutes to walk back to our house and everyday our dinner is at least 1 half hours. After dinner we will walk to the supermarket (thank God 1 open there) and have our window shopping. After window shopping, it will be back to bath and start to do our school homework.

This place flooded once before and for the 1st time in my life I saw flood :P It rain so heavy that even the water manage to go thru the wall and created a small river in my room! Not only that, the drain was not big enough for the amount of water to flow into the big drain.

When it was my 1st time being there, I nearly went nuts as I was a city boy going to live in a so called kampung life. I really could not accept it and I remember I was really going bogus and I had to go for a walk to calm myself down. I didn't have tv, internet and etc and that was a major pain for me. But after a while I manage to adapt to it. But I thank God my friends were there when I was down too as they gave me a lot of major support when I really needed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home