Friday, March 12, 2010

CNY Production Problem

On the 2nd day of CNY, we had production issue. I was back after spending 5 hours with leezee and when I reach home, I have already received a call from office stating that users cannot access one application. I then told the DCO to send the error log to my mail. After checking at the instant I knew it was not my problem.

Anyway since the system was already down like 1 hour over when I receive the call, I decided to go in and guess what? Even the programmers have no idea on how to solve the issue. They just tell us to try this and that and everything didn't work. The final approach was to restart server and at this time it was already down for nearly 3 hours. By the time everything was up it was bout 4hours. When I restarted, I was more worried that the servers wont come up once again.

Last year we had problem. This year we had a problem, how about next year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home