Saturday, March 06, 2010

Don't Play With Trust And Responsibility

Something happen and I would like to share. This is about something that happen in office. I was back to office on the 3rd day of CNY to solve a production issue. On the 4th day, another issue happen and this time I was not there as I took leave on Wednesday. But on Tuesday I confirm that all servers were ok.

On Thursday when I went into office, I didn't know about the problem as there was no log or anything for me to check. I only knew about the problem much later about 5pm+ and I found it to be shutdown. At that instant moment I power up the system. This system was down since a day before for more than 24hrs and those who work on the 5 shifts just sign off their checklist without actually carrying out their task.

But the underlying issue is this. When you are given a task, do it and do it nicely no matter how much you hate to do it. Honestly I hate to sign forms and my checklist. It is tedious work as I have to make sure all the dates and signature is done nicely. Not only that, I have stacks to sign practically everyday thanks to the nonsense program that they have in our system. But just do it, as it is your job (general to everyone).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home