Friday, September 04, 2009

Something Shocked Me

The other day when I was having meeting with all my mates and we had SMC and programmer team leader in the meeting this was what happen. My boss actually told the TL that their application no standard that is why there is so much backup restore and change request which I total agree. Check out the following chat.

TBoy : You know if the person come in and fix the problem is actually not the hero?
Tboy : Coz the programmer didn't really check his/her work nicely before promoting it.
Lilo : What to do SL hire all the cheapskate (this is referring to his programmers under him)

*Rest who were there were shocked this came out from his mouth*

Lilo :We cannot hire those from Oxford Uni as we cannot pay them.


This conversation was real and it really came out from the TL mouth. He then kept on talking about contribution = rewards. I mean a TL should not utter this type of comment about his staff under him. I know their application is bad (yes really bad) but that TL is not any better himself. He himself is a cheapskate to hire this type of people and his type of work is also not really good. So better he go checkup himself before talking about the rest of his team. It shows one thing, he has no respect for his staff under him.

I hear by conclude that their program is really bad. Over the last 2 weeks, the amount of backup and restore to be done at 9pm is total out of this world. It is across platform and each backup restore got many objects from different libraries to be fixed. To fill in the form is easy, to execute it out is hard and tedious work! Not only that for me, I have to sign 2 forms every time. The other day I had to write and sign my name at least 30times thanks to the programmers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home