Saturday, April 04, 2009

Post Project Implementation

Project implement was a success. But it was really tiring. The day I had to do backup from the Dev to Prod on the 17th March was really messy. Original plan was to do the backup and restore in Prod on the 16th didnt work out as the programmers were finalizing all the bugs fixing. While doing backup and restore (this part I am not really sure coz most of the time dont do it) was a refreshing course for me as I cannot remember how to do it as most of the time I don't do it and I only do it when really there is no one to help me. Then I will take out my book and start flipping the page to find the part that I need :P Backup restore nearly took 2 half hours thanks to the programmers who didn't tell me all the libraries that were needed. Not only that, some of the objects could not be restored. Its due to the objects that need another library and that library was not backup at all. It really gave me a lot of headache. Not only that, I had to change the library and object owner, the access to the files and other stuff.

My handphone kept on ringing like I was the telephone operator for the day. It was really tiring trying to assist every single one who were there as all high authority password is held by me. When I enter the server room, ppl will call me to come out again and the cycle goes for a couple of rounds. Even during lunch time people will call me that made me kind of fedup. I know since last time with great powers come great responsibility (like smallville) and since it is my job, I still have to do it and carry out the level best that I can.

Back to project implementation, till today, 20th March, we still have a lot of other problems that the application team is facing. The infrastructure is working terifficaly fine. But the users are having problems logging into the system due to the combination of the password. The keep on sending rude / nasty emails which I don't really care. If other project ppl can do it, why cant you? This is back to the PM who is really not doing his job nicely. Always pushing stuff away as he cannot really handle the project nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home