Thursday, April 23, 2009

Must Turn Off

It is a must when ever it rains to turn off your pc and off your modem and plug off from the phone line and not forgetting the power plug. Why must you do this? This is to make sure that your pc or laptop wont get fried when it rains with thunderstorm.

My PC and modem + 3 in 1 got fried last time when I off my plug but I didn't pull it out. The damage was really high. But that time my PC was still under warranty, so I send the whole thing back to get a board replacement. But I had to fork out money to get replacement of my modem.

The other day my friends LCD got fried due to the thunderstorm and another guy on the same day got his laptop fried. Back in my diploma days, my friends who are heavy download'ers never turn off their pc even though the thunder is at madness level. They told me "nothing wan la, wont kena wan la" and the next thing I knew, they told me their pc got fried.

My mum's friend modem has been friend many times as she never unplug her phone line from the modem. She always unplug AFTER the thunder which is too late to rescue. Not only that, I believe her laptop modem is now fried as she cannot connect to the Internet anymore.

So please dont ever try Mr Thunder. When he strikes, he strikes really hard and he will fry many many thigns on his way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home