Friday, December 26, 2008

Ushering Was Hard

Ushering on the 25th December was really hard. I have to say it was one of the most challenging time of ushering for me. When I was there in the morning, I thought to myself and even told my other ushers that ushering wont be any sweat at all as there wont be many people and most of the people are on holiday :p But I was so freaking wrong. People came in at 10am and in 10 minutes downstairs was already full. So I thought to myself, they wont reach my place. In 5 Minutes the whole hall was pack full. Persitting in the auditorium is 2.7K and the amount of people that came was more than that. I believe with the Chinese church, Hall 3 and BM church there is at least estimated 3K + people in church that morning itself.

So many people didn't have their seats. I had to get them to wait till worship is over and then try to slot them in. Some of the places had gaps and some people just don't want to move inside. I guess even some of the ushers freak out by seeing so many people. But the sad thing is the ushers still book their seats and sat down which I feel it should not be. Ushers should just let people have their seats and they can even sit at the stair case. I guess to me when I serve I give my best. I didn't mind even to sit on the floor as I believe people come 1st and while I come later. I guess some might not agree with this statement. But I was really happy that I manage to usher in as many as I could on that day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home