Friday, December 05, 2008

I'm Not Good Enough?

My boss issue me another of his thinker which says it all. I guess the final phrase is I'm not good enough to become a Security Administrator / System Administrator. He told me that I never think about other ways to secure the area (in Job) and that I should make a lot of people's work hard (programmers) which I can if I want too. I know my skills are very technical and I lack knowledge in AS400, ALDON and many other things and I might not be even competitive enough versus other security administrators. This is what I have to say even as I type this now. I am not good enough and I guess I am hopeless. A lot of people thinks I am damm good but actually I am not that good after all. Even though I'm hopeless, I don't know why my boss still want me to do his work which is to prepare for audit. Crap man. I guess at times I am not made for the working world.

I know my task is a lot and it covers a large scope from PnP, meeting auditors, preparing documents for auditors, doing a lot of crap job, security settings for wintel and all the crap in the world. Even back in those days when I was still in AEON, no 1 appreciate m work from HOD till my own AM who after that became a M and after I resign he left AEON too. I guess I am only good in troubleshooting things, but rather slow in thinking outside the box to make things better. I guess I really need to start thinking outside the box and start to implement things that will be useful to my work place rather than doing the routine job DAILY which I AM DAMM SICK OFF at times. Should I continue to be a SA? Is it my best job that I can learn and earn? I am really starting to wonder.............................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home