Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Laptop

Yey I got my laptop today. I will be installing it with my own windows and then I will be running a full test on it. Below is the picture of my laptop. Its a Toshiba Laptop :) Not only that, I have to endure crap talks from my mum friend when she bought her laptop as she told me it is a waste of her money. To me is simple, if you can say those words, you don't need to even use the laptop at all since it is a waste of money to you. The she wanted to learn new stuff by asking the sales person questions and even asking me. Some of the questions honest I brush off as the night before (Saturday) she ask me question and after I explain she told me her nephew say if there is no OS they she will need to buy a new set of this and that. Then after that my mum had to answer her questions too as she could not get the concept at all. To me was simple. Don't bother buying laptop and don't use Internet anymore as your complains and questions are endless


Laptop Laptop


Laptop Desktop


But actually the laptop is not mine actually. I had to help my mum friend buy it and I will have to set up A-Z for her before I return it to her. But the 1st time when I set up Vista Ultimate (ORIGINAL Thanks to Microsoft Conference In KLCC) I installed Acrobat Reader 8 which actually crash the whole system and I had to reformat the whole thing once again. I was quite disappointed as I was already quite tired. Not only that, the power died on me after I formatted the laptop and I had to go to TTDI to get the power socket. Anyway after I got back I manage to up everything and I only slept at midnite.

But from this I manage to learn something new. As this laptop is the cheaper version of laptop it does not have drivers I have to download the drivers 1 by 1 and install it for her. Not only that, I even have to do full testing for her before I could even hand her back the laptop. I am considered quite lucky as I have Vista as I don't have any driver for her Sata HDD. With Vista Installation was made easier for me and the best part is this, to format an 80gb HDD took me only 1/2 minutes. How does it happen? I don't know at all. But one thing I know, I cannot claim petrol and mileage for doing all this and my mum don't allow me to be paid :(

Tuesday was a madness day for me as I had to teach her how to use her laptop and teaching her is really hard. Most of the steps are same from before and she told me due to different windows its not the same :( So I had to show her all once again and she say that she never use it for quite some time she forgot how to use it already and even ask me to type back all her email address as she tot once she change computer all her address is gone (which send me nuts). Anyway thank God till today she haven't call me for any support yet. I wish I could earn from professional services and if given a chance to charge her for charges, I will be able to earn nothing less than rm250 (minimum)... *Sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home