Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Boy Who Really Loves Virtualization

Its true. Now I really love virtualization. Without it its really weird for me especially when I do my work in my office I use 2 windows or maybe more that at once. I have to say due to the exposure that I have in Aeon using ESX, now I come do the easier edition which is Desktop edition. So far I have been testing stuff like Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Desktop, Red Hat 5 Enterprise, Win 2k3, Win 2k8, Fedora and Windows XP. I wish my computer will have more ram so that I can boot more than 1 VM at once.

Now back home I think I will get a new computer (jz need board only + PCI E) and I will fit in with standard windows and start doing more testing. Like I say my knowledge in linux is not there and I really want to learn as much as I can in my work and not only focus in PnP writing but at the same time trying to do some administration.

Vmware is the current In Thing for IT now. With it you can really cut your cost on getting additional hardware and with VMWARE you will make sure that your hardware will be fully utilize till the 100%. Check out more in vmware website. Windows now can do virtualization too, but how to configure, I haven't learn that yet. But I will learn it soon :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home