Thursday, February 01, 2007

Seize The Oppurtunity

What I am going to tell now is a true story and it happen few days ago. I had a friend who was going to Australia to study. I told my friend that the last day I can meet is on Sunday as I am really busy from Monday till Tuesday. My friend decided not to meet me on Sunday telling me that it is not the right time to meet. As my friend didn’t want to meet me I was fine with it as it is not my life and I just can’t simply force people out if they don’t want to go out.

On Monday I had to work late and my friend sms me. So I return a call (as I was lazy to sms at around 645pm) and told my friend that I can’t make it as I will be back late. True enough I came back home at 1045pm. I was really burn out for the day. My friend actually wanted to meet me on Tuesday morning before I go to work or Tuesday night but in the morning I am a bit slow in waking up so it was a no no for me. Tuesday night was Church evening prayer. In the end I didn’t go for church evening prayer as at 445pm on Tuesday, I started to have a little fever and headache. My friend actually wanted to meet me in church after church evening prayer. I reply that I could not meet as I had to sleep 2 recover from my lil fever.

On Tuesday night my friend sms me saying sorry because my friend should have meet me on Sunday no matter what it was and that my friend did regret not doing so. My friend was to leave for Australia on Wednesday night. My friend even says some things that I didn’t say when I read the sms. One of it was my friend say that I will say serve my friend right. But I didn’t.

What I am trying to say here is simple. When this event happen to me, Pr Daniel sharing replayed in my mind as Pr Daniel once shared saying that we should always seize any opportunity that God has given us. That includes events that happen to us (in my case going out) or it could be any other examples in life. Among the examples that I can give is to pray for people, reach out to them for salvation, help people and many more. I believe what Pr Daniel say is true, if we don’t take the chances, we might NEVER get the chance again as we might not even get to see the person again (the person die, transfer, we will only meet once).

My final words are, seize what ever chance we have to touch people’s life, going out with the person or many other examples which I can’t think of right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home