Monday, December 15, 2008

Serve The Best With What We Have

Well I have to say, the other day I was wondering why I told my dad's friend I will help them in the Orang Asli Ministry in Bentong which is on the 14th and Carey Island on the 20th. Without thinking I just said yes as I know they will really need my help over there. I guess I have to thank my parents as they have brought me up with some skills that is really USEFUL in life. Among them is to plan for party and even be able to organize the whole thing. I am the type of guy that can really do a lot of stuff (nope I am not in any way promoting myself). But thats just me.

BUT

The other day when I was chatting with Liz Lee, suddenly I was wondering why I bother to help so much and I have to sacrifice my personal time to do other stuff which include the meeting with other girls on the 20th December 2008. I was indeed looking for answers in my life. At night on Tuesday when I went for Prayer in DUMC, Pastor Daniel talk about serving the very best in life and suddenly all my doubts went away. All my question were answered. One part that really got me was this. He said "we should seize EVERY chance given to us to serve" and that God sees it. There was a verse that Pastro was using and IF I AM NOT WRONG it was Psalm 32.

I guess now I know what makes me continue to be an usher is because last time there was a story that a very popular person today and who is used by God in a mighty way was because an usher gave up his seat and let him have his seat and that night the person got saved. That kind of continue to be in me as long as I will live and I will have to LEARN not to complain that other ushers are not so dedicated / never listen to orders / etc etc but I will do my very best to cover all around even though it might be tiring. Like what Liz Lee told me, God sees our small deeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home