Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Am Shocked

I got my Chip Mag for month of May quite late. And it was really 1 of my area that I work on which is network. They actually really did write really well. It was quite comprehensive. They really wrote well on how to network your house and what equipments to used. But after reading it, I found out that they kept on talking about cat 6 cables but they didn't talk anything about switches. So I decided to drop them a mail on some of the technical stuff. Their reply as below

"thanks for Sharing! its an overlook from our part that we did not mention that cat 6 cables will only work to its full potential when used with 1000 baseT products. with regards to the cable length, CAT5 and 6 cables can be used up to 150meters (we have tested it) and we thought that no one would need to use a cable that long. You were right that we should been including these details in. as an appreciation, to this, we'd like to you to have the spot as this month letter of the month."


I got letter of the month. This email/letter was not meant to shoot them. Really. But when I let my friend see the email, my friend told me I was brief and nasty. I honestly didnt expect them to put this mail up. Really didn't expect to be letter of the month. I was actually in 1U when I decided to drop by Popular Book Store to get the mag before having my lunch when I open the mag, I saw my name on it. I was actually laughing my way when I saw my name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home