Friday, November 13, 2009

Tough Week Ended

Well to be honest this week was one of my toughest week in work place. The reason why I say this is because I have 2 audits in a single week. On Mon & Tues I had auditors from PWC. Wed was the closing conversation on the findings that they have found in our work flow. On Tuesday evening itself, my boss called my team and I at 4pm for a meeting and told us that on Friday (13th Nov) we had another audit from PCI DSS. I was really shocked. I thought to myself Wednesday will be a time to rest and chill. But I knew I could not as on Tuesday itself my boss prepared a list for us to prepare on Friday and when I check out the list, I was "wowed" with the amount of things to prepare. The best thing is for the PWC audit, I had to take nearly 3 weeks to prepare for the audit. There were tones of paper work to dish out and I am the only 1 doing my part. For my part, there is no 1 to assist me. Most of the time I work OT and I even went back to work on Sat and Sun to prepare for the audit.

Anyway I was really worked out on Wednesday and I could not smile. I was stress man. I really don't know why I had to be like that but I was stress. My friends were still quite cool about it which is good. I guess I was work out as I had to prepare a lot of last minute things and to make sure that we have all things in place. But on Thursday I really make sure everything is in place and that I am really ready on Friday audit.

Friday Audit was good. Was really busy the whole day and was running every where to make sure everything was fine. Has to be interviewed by the auditors on our process too. But this time as it went up to 1.2, there are more things that we have to prepare. I know there will be findings for improvement, but I am not worried, with audit, we can improve our process to make sure that we are better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home