Saturday, September 08, 2007

Who is Good Enough To Be A Christian

I've been thinking about this question for a period of time "How can you determine whether a Christian is a good christian or a bad one?" Well, I still haven't get the exact answer, but one thing I'm pretty sure is that I am in no position to judge whether that person is a good Christian or the other way round cause I'm born with sins and I'm going to leave this world with lots of sins also... so how can I say someone doesn't match to be called a Christian while I myself is not a perfect saints also in the eyes of GOD!.

Thus, one thing I practice is don't try to act out a life of an angel but live a life that listen to the inner voice and express the Christ within me. Sound abstract? Well, it is so subjective that often times, I, myself can't even determine which voice is from the source that I should rely on. But, one thing I learn is NO MORE MYSELF, but the ONE who has crucified for me.

Here is an abtract from a forwarded email that I've received ages ago which I think is so true. You might have read it before, forgotten all about it, hopefully this might remind us of something:

Isn't it strange how a 20 dollar bill seems like such a large amount when you donate it to church, ...
but such a small amount when you go shopping?

Isn't it strange how 2 hours seem so long when you're at church, and how short they seem when you're watching a good movie?

Isn't it strange that you can't find a word to say when you're praying but...
you have no trouble thinking what to talk about with a friend?

Isn't it strange how difficult and boring it is to read one chapter of the Bible but ...
how easy it is to read 100 pages of a popular novel or ZANE GREY book?

Isn't it strange how everyone wants front-row-tickets to concerts or games but ...
they do whatever is possible to sit at the last row in Church?

Isn't it strange that we can go early for functions but we are often late for church celebration or events (added by Jason)

Isn't it a waste that the skills / things we are good in (gifts) are not use nicely for church but it is used other places (general)? (added by Jason)

Isn't it strange how we need to know about an event for Church 2-3 weeks before the day so we can include it in our agenda, ...
but we can adjust it for other events in the last minute?

Isn't it strange how difficult it is to learn a fact about God to share it with others;...
but how easy it is to learn, understand, extend and repeat gossip?

Isn't it strange how we believe everything that magazines and newspapers say but...
we question the words in the Bible?

Isn't it strange how everyone wants a place in heaven but...
they don't want to believe, do, or say anything to get there?

Isn't it strange how we send jokes in e-mails and they are forwarded right away but ...
when we are going to send messages about God,
we think about it twice before we share it with others?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.dowan fren u ady.said me bad xtian..haha,i knw la,im bad,alwis usik u with bear,bugging for songs,teasing ppl n etc..above r just kidding,haha.i don knw how ppl tinks,but i tink u'r a gud xtian,having compassion heart to serve.he is good cos alwis got songs to hear,shh..don tell him this part..haha.. cannot said he is bad ler,later no songs susah..haha.anyway his voice is just too cute n he is learning singing frm a teacher,so stay tune and u may bug him for songs,see if he uses sprayer or not..haha.vocal pro,u're really improving alot,u can play guitar even better and sing well..The dumc song u sang was just too awesome n it really caught my ears..thx alot again for sharing up..=)


"...But one thing I do,forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,I press on toward the goal to WIN THE PRIZE for which god has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" Philippian 3:13-14. Hope it will become your prayer to god.. keep it up the good job to god!!=)

12:06 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

well if you think my vocals is good,I guess you got to thank God for it and I do thank God for it.I wish to make worship different.Thanks for the compliment on my vocals and also my guitar playing.

as for the dumc song,if you all want to hear, ask me and i will send you the ori copy of the person who sing the song.

the honest answer frm me was, when i was in church today, i imagine myself up there with the worship ministry singing to God. I guess one day when the time runs out, I guess i will have to be up there.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home