Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Street Ministry Christmas Party

Last Sunday was the street Ministry Christmas Event in the Drop In Center in PJ. Before the event started, there was already thunder and the sky was dark. The event will be held in the open air. I reach the Drop In Center around 4pm and we unpack the car as there were so many stuff inside the car seat and boot (food, guitar, drinks, paper cups and plates).

After that it was time for prayer lead by me. As I had to make it simple I focus on 3 items only and that is the weather, the people coming and we (the cg) who is helping and running the event. After we prayed we started to arrange all the items to be brought out and I started to practice the guitar. When I was practicing, there was still thunder sound but I kept on practicing and people started to come in. When the event started, it didn’t rain but it drizzle only a bit and it was meant to keep the weather cool for all of us.

The event started at around 515pm and around 40+ people came (kids, middle age and old). Playing the guitar was quite ok. My leader played with me so I was not so scared. Steven then shared a short message on what is Christmas and what does the Drop in Center does weekly. Then it was time for makan and after that everyone parted their own ways. I am not sure if we did manage to communicate with the people there enough, but I believe the seed has been sewn in them.

I would like to take this chance to thank my parents and my cousin for sponsoring money towards the event. The event did take quite a lot of money as there was a need to buy food, drinks, gift packs, photocopy the Christmas song sheet and many more. I would like to thank Liz also for giving me a guitar key chain last time. I use the key chain to put it at my guitar handle. I wanted to decorate my guitar case but I didn't know what to put last time so this time I put the guitar key chain that has my name behind.

2 Comments:

Blogger starlightliz said...

Glad that you have use for the keychain! :) Am gladdd!!!

Hope you had a good experience & fun time learning as well ya!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

learn stuff not really?but it was faith that we learn coz we pray and God didnt let it rain during the event.when we pray God will answer prayers.jz a little drizzle that is all and a bit of thunder sound,but after that it went away.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home