Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Do Your Backup

The other day my HDD decided to act on me and guess what happen? The HDD that I store my mp3 all went down the drain. What happen was a couple of days before this HDD already crack out on me by not being able to detect when it hit into windows. But after a couple of restarts it was ok.

But this time it lost its File Allocation Table (FAT). And I know that once you loose your FAT, you will need to format the whole thing. I actually wanted to get at removable HDD before I resign so that I can store my work but after all my mp3 is gone, it is quite hard to recover back what I lost. I lost about total of 25gb of songs. I lost my Korean Songs,(Total Gone) Christmas Songs, (Total Gone) Christian Songs (recovered only 5gb), R&B, Smallville S10 (This I manage to recover fully) and some other stuff in that HDD.

So what I am trying to say is perform your backup often. Because you don't know when is your HDD going to go on you. But even if you use ext hdd, your hdd might go down the drain too. So what is the best way? I guess it is to have a PC that can do RAID. I know PC now can do RAID. Maybe my future PC will come with RAID 1.

Allow me to add on for those who are getting pc's. By getting a better power supply unit, your hard disk will last longer too. Till today, my HDD does not have any bad sector as I decided to get a better PSU on my purchase. My pc is now about 5-6 years old and I haven't change the HDD yet till today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home