Saturday, February 02, 2008

My Car

Well it is not really my car, but it is the car that I am driving to LRT station everyday. Actually my parents got the car to be fixed as it was drinking blackoil like drinking water. Every week I will have to top up the black oil as the black oil is just drank up.

Send the car to the workshop and they told me that it could be the engine that has some problems and the only way to find out is to open the whole engine and check it out. In the end they really did a full overhaul to the engine by changing the piston rings, tyres, absorbers, gasket, valve and etc. It took the 2days for the shop to fix up my car and I did go and check the car on the 1st day it was there and boy did they rip off the engine and clean every single thing in it. The engine really look new.

Anyway the car is now in a better condition, but the only thing I don't like is in the morning I will have to warm up the car before I can drive it as the carburetor is old and it needs to be warm up. By warming up the car I will minus precious time on the road. Usually I will start the car and zoom off to the lrt station. But now if I do that, when I change from 1st gear to 2nd gear, the car will jerk like mad and it don't have the energy to fly like last time. Oh yeah the car pickup is not fast as last time too. Anyway the car cost rm1.5K+ to fix up as the labour charges was the highest. I guess after doing such a major fix to the car, the car would last me for still quite some time. Now all my car need is to refix the body a little bit, repaint the body and it should last a long long time :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err, I don't actually know either how precious is the car for you or how long has that car been serving you, but as far as I can understand from the descriptions, that's a pretty antique machine.

Unless the vehicle is really worthy to be taken care of, I still think 1500 is too much for a repair, haven't include the spraying and other parts of maintance. I've heard people mentioning that he can get one Honda Civic (old model in good condition) at the price of RM3500. But of course, some modifications still need to be done for the 2nd hand car...

11:50 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

my car / parents car is around 10 years old adi.so usually after 10 yrs of age the car will wear and tear here and there.

but then again by payin 1.5K i believe my car still can bring me very far.this car is still used for travelling as it has a bigger space to put more stuff in the car.

oh yeah i sold my old car for rm1.5K also ok...but that car engine is so much better but the body needs to be redo again

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home