Saturday, August 21, 2010

Aubret Suwito Christmas Concert

I have so much to share. But 1st of all this concert really means so so so so much to me. 1st to thank is to God. 2nd to thank is to Angie and 3rd to thank is to all my friends who 1st time I met or I already know you. You guys rock. I guess this posting will be a really long 1.

On Sunday before a couple of days before the event, we practice our songs and I have to tell you with the sweet vocals of everyone, it sounded so round and sweet. We only practice like 2 hours+? But with confidence and I believe everyone got some sort of vocal training we manage to blend, modify our voices to be able to do our parts. We had melody, alto and tenor.

On Wednesday was our full dress rehearsal and we are quite lucky to see how our church transform to something that we never seen before. It was really nice. Even they had to bring in extra generator sets to provide power as there was not enough power for everything (lighting and etc). That day we manage to hear how it will go and man it sounded so good. We were lucky to be able to listen to the 1st set of vocals before the day (Thursday). Not only that the musicians on the stage who were as below

Aubrey Suwito (Piano & Music Director)
Jaclyn Victor (Vocals)
Juwita Suwito (Vocals)
Russell Curtis (Vocals)
Nan Alias (Guitar)
Mohd Rafi (Guitar)
Andy Peterson (Bass)
Steve Thornton (Percussion)
John Thomas (Drums)
Eddie Wen (Trumpet)
Kevin Choo (Saxophone)
Chow Ming (Trombone)



From that moment I knew it was going to be really good. And I even kept on pushing that event on social website so that people will be informed and that people will come. With this type of quality of people, if you watch it outside, it will really cost you a bomb to pay but it was free :)

On Thursday, I thank God that I manage to run from office at 530pm. I had a lot of problems the day before due to audit. On Thursday I was really ON as I was only thinking about the event at night. I could not really work but still manage to get thru and during 445pm onwards I was chatting with Lianne and time was really slow. When I was there, we finish practice and it was time to eat and I tell you, food on Thursday was SO GOOD! We had soya bean, chicken, salad, fried rice, either mutton or lamb and many more. When it was time to put make up, the whole group behind with BV (Backup Vocals), talk, did vocals and really enjoyed our self before the event. Thursday was pack with people too and everyone was turn "ON" even though it was not yet Christmas yet. And really sorry to a friend of mine who I took your robe like twice wrongly that nite. Really sorry. Didn't mean too...

On Friday, even though I was tired, I was still very on for the night. On my mind was not so much of work and all I wanted is time to fly fast that I can go to church and prepare myself. When I was there, next thing I know time for dinner laio. haha. So the whole group of us went to eat and talk and take pictures with one another in Dream Cafe. After dinner we head back to chill inside the auditorium before we had to go backstage to do our makeup and all. Back on stage we had fun time talking, taking pictures with so many people and at the same time doing our makeup. After we are done we headed upstairs to a section we sat on Thursday to enjoy the show before the event. We knew that the whole place will be pack with people as it is a Friday night and some will come again with their friends. When the doors open, everyone rush in to get the best seats. After that upstairs open and the whole auditorium was filled up so fast! My team then decided to go downstairs and sit behind back stage to allow the other people to get a seat in the auditorium. From what I know, people even sat on the stairs and some even stand the whole show. The crowd that night was really crazy too. Man really enjoyed myself that night. After coming home, when I went to sleep, I could not really sleep as my mind was still on that event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home