Monday, July 23, 2007

People Leaving Company

Yeah the topic is right, people has been started to leave the company. The turn over for MIS is like WOW. No kidding. This 2 months, there are more than 5/6 staff that resign. Well currently we are really short of people in the team and I now need to do support. But I guess most of you know that if I can assist the person, I will go all out to help the person. I have to say that with my abilities, I really want to help every one to make sure they can really work nicely. I am actually giving my best to help as many branches if I can.

OK back to story, many programmers have left, the gal that join my team left in 1 month, 1 network fella left on saturday, another 1 will be on Thursday / Friday, 1 network fella trying to get a new job to leave soon, 1 BISS team member left. According to 1 of my friend, there will be 3 more people leaving, but this 3 person leaving I am not sure at all about it.

Why are people leaving? Well the HOD should actually find out that she is the reason why people are leaving. She treats her Application team so nicely but to the system administrators, network team and SOO she treats us like trash. The reason is extremely simple, we SA don't bring in money but we only know how to spend money on new system. But then again, without people like us, even you might have the best programmers, your application wont work without us.

The part that I don't like is when I work really hard for the ISO with the rest of my gang (Jason, Allen, Me, Kieng Weng, Jing Kai, Chin Wei, Derrick) which mean we do overnight and we make sure HQ is as ready as possible, the HOD can thank our team 1st, then she thank the rest who make it possible (which mean the application team which did nothing). There was actually NO REST OF THE PEOPLE. That is why now at times I wonder why I work so hard. That is why now the UAR takes longer time to do as I am considered demotivated as the pay sucks and your not being appreciated. I think it is about time the company review back what they have done to all the staff. It is not easy to find replacement and it will be worst if people tell how bad the company is........

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you get your pay for the KLCC meal. It must cost your boss a fortune to treat you guys. So, this means that your HOD does know that who is the one contributing to the success of the ISO.

I attended a motivational talk today. The speaker is actually an evangelist from KL coming to do some talks with one of the banks on some product. He's comparing the staff who work in a company as a seed and the company as the soil. One thing I gained is the question that he asked: "Do you think you're a good seed?" and "Do you think your company is a good soil that encourages the seed to get nourised and grows healthily?"

In other words, if we think we are good seeds which are buried in a lousy soil, let's dig ourselves out from the bad soil and plant the seed in a better soil.

Get the meaning of the picture, brother? In the meantime, since we are still paid by the company, just perform the best that we can.

Gambate and enjoy ur work!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

yeah the meal cost her rm240+ for 6 ppl. but in the end Lee suffered the most as i guess he overate.i myself overate.but i was ok.

as for the ISO,how can the HOD thank others who help when others did nothing? not trying to be selfish but i mean glory should be given to the correct team.

perform the best we can? i am trying my best to go higher,but teh HOD say i am not good in planning but i can catch up on things really fast. It shows how well she appreciates me :p

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home