Sunday, September 18, 2011

Upgrade Done

Well I promise to tell you guys what I did. I installed Windows XP on C and D was Win 7. Yeah it is dual boot and the laptop now is feed 4GB DDR800 and 320GB of HDD space. I split the HDD partition by 50-50-200. When I actually bought 320GB, I wasn't sure if the thing will even detect the hard disk as no I could really confirm if the thing will run on 500GB. But after reading some questions asked by users, they say might have some problem booting so that is why I decided to stick to 320GB.

Next thing is when running on x86 on both XP and 7, I only can see about 3.1GB of ram. If you have an extra graphics card that is in the laptop, I believe you can see up to 3.2 or 3.25 GB of ram. Yeah I know the best is actually to use X64, but currently I don't have it. But to me never mind its not a waste as the x64 will still be here for me to use.

The only issued that I have was drivers for XP. I could not find the driver for the sound card and it was really tough even though the drivers were found in HP website, some of it didn't work. In the end I had to install an apps that will actually scan your drivers and tell you which driver you will need to install.

On Win 7, everything was really smooth as Windows Update will automatically help you find the driver that you need. I guess the only thing I need to do is just to do some tweaks on both my Win XP and 7 and everything will be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home